Thursday, April 03, 2008

Randi Rhodes Gets Suspended for Sexist Comments



via HuffPo

Air America Radio host Randi "I Don't Endorse a Candidate until the DNC Does (NOT!)" Rhodes has been suspended for calling both Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton "fucking whores." Was it the appropriate action? Of course. So why doesn't Fox News, CNN, and WABC* follow suit? Is it because their conservative commentators are entitled to make racist, sexist, and homophobic remarks? Honestly, as much as these so-called Christians of the religious wrong say they answer to a higher power, they can't even uphold any sort of journalistic integrity. It's like the party of God and personal responsibility has respect for neither!

Anyway, I listen to Randi. I don't think she's funny. She's just on when I'm driving to class. I actually prefer the people who fill in for her once in a while, Stacy Taylor and Sam Seder. I've been listening to her less and less, because she's basically the Rush Limbaugh of the left. But hey, I have to listen to something while I'm driving to school, and it ain't gonna be Hannity.


*That's the radio station that Rush and Sean Hannity have their syndicated talk shows. I'm not sure it's called WABC everywhere.

2 comments:

libhom said...

I don't agree with the way Rhodes worded her comments, and I'm not a fan, but this is an effort by corporate interests to attack freedom of speech. The last thing any corporation wants is for a strong woman to stand up to the Clintons and the rest of the Republicans.

FEMily! said...

In a way, I agree with that. Liberals have to balance free speech on the airwaves and being fair to all people. That can be difficult to do. Air America radio is only 5 or 6 years old, and it might damage the station further when they suspend one of their few remaining regular commentators that have been there from the beginning. I don't know how long she's been suspended, but I hope she's back today. I think it's important to have a strong female liberal voice on the airwaves.