Sunday, December 31, 2006

Because How Many Hillarys Could There Be?

I've noticed that pundits on cable news networks are referring to Democratice presidential candidate and Senator of New York Hillary Rodham Clinton as simply "Hillary." "Do you think Hillary will run?" "Do you think Hillary has a chance of winning the nomination?" Blah, blah, blah. Doesn't she have a last name? Do they have to call her by her first name because everyone would get confused if we called her Clinton? Are people going to hear about "Clinton" running for president in 2008 and think, "I didn't know the Constitution has been changed so that Bill Clinton could be elected to a third term! I must have been too busy digging up dirt on TomKat to pay attention!"? What other candidates are being regularly referred to by only their first names? I'm going to have to start counting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Condi when she was still sort of in the running. They don't even have the decency to call her "Condolleeza". However, she's also female so it's okay. She doesn't get the boys club respect thing, either.

Anonymous said...

I called her Condi like two entries ago. But I think people on TV and the radio who call themselves journalists and pundits should have some respect for the politicians who essentially keep them employed.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree.